Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gobble....gobble....Thanksgiving is here!

Lab 5 was a Thanksgiving Theme at St. Mary's. The opening games I thought were great, they incorporated the loco-motor skills very well. The two skills to observe this week were the stationary bounce and the kick. The children were pretty good at these skills. Better at the kicking though, they had a lot more control with a ball on the ground then with a ball bouncing it up and down. I find that it is easier for me to give the children directions for my game, I try to make sure they understand but the directions are short and sweet. Visualization is key I have found with the children, if you can describe the game to them where they can visualize what is going to go on they stay interested. Teaching is always a mystery, especially at St. Mary's. You never know who will participate or how they will react to your game. I like this mystery because it keeps me engaged and always on my toes! I always have a great time at St. Mary's...time flies when you are having fun!

HERE IS LAB 5

No comments:

Post a Comment